Willow Island is a beautiful man-made island located near the northeast shore of Wascana Lake. This public space can be used for a variety of activities. The island is accessible via the Wasca Ferry; the main departure location is at Willow Island Overlook.
There are two areas available for private bookings:
- Accommodates 160 people
- Covered eating area with picnic tables that seat 32 people
- Fire pit with benches that seat 10 people
- 3 charcoal barbeques
- 2 additional picnic tables near fire pit
- Accommodates 40 people
- Fire pit seats 8 people
- 2 picnic tables near fire pit
- 1 charcoal barbeque
Note: Willow Island is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Willow Island is perfect for weddings, retreats, BBQ’s, fieldtrips and other social gatherings.
- It is a secluded area of the park which provides for a high level of privacy during events.
- Willow Island is a great example of the natural beauty that Regina has to offer.
- It boasts some of the oldest and largest trees in the park as well as a diverse sampling of plant species which are native to the area.
Rental Policy and Fee Structure
- Willow Island is open from the Victoria Day weekend into September.
- Willow Island can be reserved between the hours of 12:00 noon and 9:00 p.m.
- The island is rented at a rate of $150 per hour for the whole island or $100 for half of the island (either north or south side).
- The cost of booking the entire island for a day is $1,200.
- The cost to use a fire pit is $20.
- There is a $50 non-refundable booking fee required to book the event.
- Cancellations made less than 10 working days before the event will result in a forfeiture of 50% of the rental fees.
- If a cancellation is due to inclement weather, please call 306-522-3661 on weekdays or 306-347-1864 on weekends.
- Cancellations due to weather are subject to the boat driver’s discretion.
The Island Experience
- Access to the island is via the Wasca Ferry which transports up to 12 people across per trip.
- Passengers may board the ferry at the Willow Island Overlook or make arrangements to be picked up at Legislative Landing (just north of the Queen Elizabeth II Gardens) or Wascana Park Landing (near the Bandstand).
- Parking is available near Willow Island Overlook.
- Willow Island has charcoal barbeques, picnic tables, benches, washrooms, water fountains and fire pits suitable for bonfires and wiener roasts.
- There are games on the island which are available for use at no charge, including: horseshoes, croquet, bocce ball and volleyball.
- Power is not provided. Users are required to bring a generator for power usage.
- Wascana will provide a staff person to be on the island during functions for transportation as well as support.
If you have any questions or would like to book the island, send us an email or give us a call at 306-522-3661.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE ISLAND AND VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.