Both the Lady Slipper Courtyard and the Lecture Theatre are located at Wascana Place, 2900 Wascana Drive. Rental of the Lecture Theatre is packaged with the Lady Slipper Courtyard; in the event of inclement weather, a renter has the option of proceeding indoors.
Lady Slipper Courtyard:
- A peaceful and secluded outdoor garden enclosed by a perimeter fence
- Five (5) permanent outdoor tables with attached benches
- Additional benches for seating and two (2) tables available for serving
- Two charcoal BBQs
- Wheelchair accessible
- A large carpeted area which is used for meetings, banquets and social functions
- Seats 100 people comfortably
- Equipped with a sound system, projector and screen
- A/V equipment available at additional cost, to a maximum of $100
- The Lady Slipper Courtyard is perfect for weddings, anniversaries, BBQs and other social gatherings
- The Lecture Theatre is ideal for banquets, presentations, meetings and exhibits
- The Lady Slipper Courtyard is renowned for its natural beauty and is located in the heart of Wascana Centre
- Free parking is available
Special Use Liquor Licenses may be obtained through the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA). You must provide Wascana Centre with a copy of your Liquor License prior to your booking. No liquor is permitted to be served after 1:00AM.
Rental Policy and Fee Structure
- Each rental includes full access to the Lady Slipper Courtyard, the Lecture Theatre as well as our kitchen facilities
- $100 per hour ($150 for a one-hour only booking)
- $800 for 8 to 12 hours
- $1,300 for a wedding package (Renters have access for décor from 12:30PM to 4:30PM on the Friday before Saturday ceremonies and receptions. Package includes access from 10:00AM to 2:00AM on day of wedding. For access outside of these times there is an hourly rate of 75$/hr.)
- $2,200 for a weekend package (Friday at 4:00 pm to Sunday at 3:00 pm)
- 50% deposit required to confirm booking
- 3 hour minimum rental time on evenings and weekends.
- For bookings taking place on statutory holidays, additional labour fees may apply.
- Full (final) payment is due two (2) weeks before the event
- Cancellations made prior to one (1) month before the event are subject to a full refund less $50. Deposits will not be refunded for cancellations made less than one (1) month before the event.
Technical Equipment and Additional Services
- LCD Projector ($90)
- Screen ($10)
- Cordless Microphone ($10)
- Flip Charts ($10 each)
- Music - other than live music ($15)
- Music and dancing ($30)
- Coffee urns - Two 12-42 cup perk
- Large fridge with movable shelves - no freezer use
- New double oven
- Event staff person on site
- Basic table and chair setup
- Coat Room
If you have any questions or would like to book the courtyard and theatre, send us an email or give us a call at 306-522-3661.