Both the Edna Forbes Lady Slipper Courtyard and the Edna May Forbes Lecture Theatre are located at Wascana Place, 2900 Wascana Drive. Rental of the Lecture Theatre is packaged with the Lady Slipper Courtyard; in the event of inclement weather, a renter has the option of proceeding indoors.
Edna May Forbes Lady Slipper Courtyard:
- A peaceful and secluded outdoor garden enclosed by a perimeter fence
- Five (5) permanent outdoor tables with attached benches
- Additional benches for seating and two (2) tables available for serving
- Two charcoal BBQs
- Wheelchair accessible
The Edna May Forbes Lecture Theatre:
- A large carpeted area which is used for meetings, banquets and social functions
- Seats 100 people comfortably
- Equipped with a sound system, projector and screen
- A/V equipment available at additional cost, to a maximum of $100
- The Edna May Forbes Lady Slipper Courtyard is perfect for weddings, anniversaries, BBQs and other social gatherings
- The Edna May Forbes Lecture Theatre is ideal for banquets, presentations, meetings and exhibits
- The Edna May Forbes Lady Slipper Courtyard is renowned for its natural beauty and is located in the heart of Wascana Centre
- Free parking is available
Special Use Liquor Licenses may be obtained through the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA). You must provide Wascana Centre with a copy of your Liquor License prior to your booking. No liquor is permitted to be served after 1:00AM.
Rental Policy and Fee Structure
- Each rental includes full access to the Edna May Forbes Lady Slipper Courtyard, the Edna May Forbes Lecture Theatre as well as our kitchen facilities
- $100 per hour ($150 for a one-hour only booking)
- $800 for 8 to 12 hours
- $1,300 for a wedding package (Renters have access for décor from 1:00PM to 5:00PM on the Friday before Saturday ceremonies and receptions. Package includes access from 10:00AM to 2:00AM on day of wedding. For access outside of these times there is an hourly rate of 75$/hr.)
- $2,200 for a weekend package (Friday at 4:00 pm to Sunday at 3:00 pm)
- 50% deposit required to confirm booking
- 3 hour minimum rental time on evenings and weekends.
- For bookings taking place on statutory holidays, additional labour fees may apply.
- Full (final) payment is due two (2) weeks before the event
- Cancellations made prior to one (1) month before the event are subject to a full refund less $50. Deposits will not be refunded for cancellations made less than one (1) month before the event.
Technical Equipment and Additional Services
- LCD Projector ($90)
- Screen ($10)
- TV/DVD/VCR ($25)
- Cordless Microphone ($10)
- Flip Charts ($10 each)
- Music - other than live music ($15)
- Music and dancing ($30)
- Coffee urns - 100 cup perk and 12-42 cup perk
- Large fridge with movable shelves - no freezer use
- New double oven
- Event staff person on site
- Basic table and chair setup
- Coat Room
If you have any questions or would like to book the courtyard and theatre, send us an email or give us a call at 306-522-3661.