Located Southwest of the Legislative Building, the Woodrow S. Lloyd Memorial which was dedicated in 1973 to the former provincial premier and leader of the C.C.F. party in Saskatchewan. In 1944 he won a provincial seat in the constituency of Biggar and was appointed Minster of Education. Over the next 16 years he transformed Saskatchewan’s education system in the areas of teacher training, school districts, public funding, and musical education. As Provincial Treasurer and successor to Premier Tommy Douglas, Lloyd played a critical role in developing the financial plan for the Medicare program and implementing it across the country. After his death in 1972, Lloyd was cremated and his ashes interred at his memorial.