Lakeshore Tennis Club


The Lakeshore Tennis Club is located south of the Legislative Buildings, along Lakeshore Drive.  In 1915 the Lakeshore Tennis Club was established for use by civil service employees, with the primary objective of encouraging sociability and healthy exercise among government employees, and had four grass courts.  By 1924 the increase in membership meant the addition of a fifth court and the surface of all courts was converted to crushed shale which was replaced by asphalt in 1959.  The club underwent another change in 2004 with the addition of 3 more courts which were built to international specifications and used for the 2005 Canada Summer Games.