Due to COVID-19, a number of new protocols will be in place as we re-open Willow Island for the 2020 season.
- A maximum of 30 people will be allowed on the Island
- A maximum of 5 passengers will be allowed on the Ferry Boat at one time.
- Full cleaning procedures and protocols have been adopted for the Ferry Boat as well as the structures on Willow Island
- A discounted rate of $75 per hour has been established for this season.
- Willow Island will be open and available for rent on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
- All bookings can be made via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 306-522-3661.
- Covered eating area with picnic tables that seat 30 people
- Fire pit with benches that seat 10 people
- 3 charcoal barbeques
- 2 additional picnic tables near fire pit
- Fire pit seats 8 people
- 2 picnic tables near fire pit
- 1 charcoal barbeque
- Willow Island is perfect for weddings, retreats, BBQ’s, fieldtrips and other social gatherings.
- It is a secluded area of the park which provides for a high level of privacy during events.
- Willow Island is a great example of the natural beauty that Regina has to offer.
- It boasts some of the oldest and largest trees in the park as well as a diverse sampling of plant species which are native to the area.
Rental Policy and Fee Structure
- In 2020, Willow Island will be available July 30th into September.
- Willow Island can be reserved between the hours of 12:00 noon and 8:00 p.m.
- In 2020, the island will be rented at a discount rate of $75 per hour for the north side of the island.
- There is a $50 non-refundable administration fee required to book the event.
- Cancellations made more than two (2) weeks prior to the event are subject to a full refund less the $50 administration fee. Refunds will not be given for cancellations less than two (2) weeks before the event.
- Cancellations due to inclement weather requires you to provide three (3) hours notice. If inclement weather causes your event to be cancelled you may reschedule or fees will be refunded less the $50 administration fee.
- High Humidex reading between 38 & 44 will result in all bookings being cancelled by The Provincial Capital Commission.
- To cancel on weekdays call (306) 522-3661; on weekends call (306) 550-6391.
The Island Experience
- Access to the island is via the Wasca Ferry which transports up to 5 people across per trip.
- Passengers may board the ferry at the Willow Island Overlook or make arrangements to be picked up at Legislative Landing (just north of the Queen Elizabeth II Gardens).
- Parking is available near Willow Island Overlook.
- Willow Island has charcoal barbeques, picnic tables, benches, washrooms, and fire pits suitable for bonfires and wiener roasts.
- Power is not provided. Users are required to bring a generator for power usage.
- Wascana will provide a staff person to be on the island during functions for transportation as well as support.
If you have any questions or would like to book the island, send us an email or give us a call at 306-522-3661.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALCOHOL IS NOT PERMITTED ON THE ISLAND AND VIOLATORS WILL BE PROSECUTED.