While Wascana Centre is open for the use and enjoyment of the general public, some activities are restricted by the Provincial Capital Commission. The Commission’s bylaws list those activities that are regulated by the Commission and for which a permit is required (bylaws). To apply for a permit, please complete application. Please note a permit fee may be required as part of your application (fee schedule). Fees are non-refundable.
A permit for activities requiring the exclusive use of all or a portion of Wascana Centre may be deemed a Special Event and subject to the Commission’s special event’s fee. If you are in doubt if a permit is required, or what type of permit is required, please contact us for more information.
The Commission is committed to accessibility. If you need help with this information or the application form, please contact us at 306-522-3661.
Note: Public events planned for the University of Regina (U of R) grounds must first receive approval from the U of R prior to completing an event application for approval. Full information on the University of Regina's outdoor event approval process can be found here.
Below is a list of the commonly used areas in Wascana Centre. To view a map of one of these areas, please click on the appropriate link.
Draw on the applicable map showing where you plan to place items such as tents, bouncing play structures for kids, stages for performances, etc.
- Legislative Grounds (prime location)
- Bandstand - Royal Saskatchewan Museum
- U of R - College Avenue
- Willow Island
- Wascana Place
- Pine Island
- TC Douglas
- Walter Scott
- Goose Hill Park
- Candy Cane Park
- Canada Games Athletic Complex
- U of R
- Innovation Place
- Conexus Arts Centre
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- Overall View
- West Lake
- East Lake
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to the availability of the location.
- Applications will not be processed prior to one year in advance.
- Due to required facility maintenance, Wascana Place will be unavailable for rental during business hours (Monday -Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) September 8 - November 30, 2023. Evening (after 5:00 p.m.) and weekend events are permitted during this period.