Both the Lady Slipper Courtyard and the Lecture Theatre are located at Wascana Place, 2900 Wascana Drive. Rental of the Lecture Theatre is packaged with the Lady Slipper Courtyard; in the event of inclement weather, a renter has the option of proceeding indoors.
Lady Slipper Courtyard:
- A peaceful and secluded outdoor garden enclosed by a perimeter fence
- Pavilion is equipped with lighting for evening events
- Five (5) permanent outdoor tables with attached benches that seat a total of 40
- Additional benches for seating and two (2) tables available for serving
- Two charcoal BBQs (must bring your own briquettes)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Open spring through fall
- A large carpeted area which is used for receptions, meetings, and social functions
- Seats up to 100 people between the Lecture Theatre and Atrium space
- Equipped with a sound system, projector, screen and podium
- A/V equipment available at no additional cost
- Wheelchair accessible
- Open year-round
- The Lady Slipper Courtyard is perfect for weddings, anniversaries, BBQs and other social gatherings
- The Lecture Theatre is ideal for receptions, presentations, meetings and exhibits
- The Lady Slipper Courtyard is renowned for its natural beauty and is located in the heart of Wascana Centre
- No restrictions on catering
- Free parking is available
Special Use Liquor Licenses may be obtained through the Saskatchewan Liquor and Gaming Authority (SLGA). You must post a copy of your liquor license during your event. No liquor is permitted to be served after 1:00AM.
Rental Policy and Fee Structure
- Each rental includes full access to the Lady Slipper Courtyard, the meadow behind the courtyard, the Lecture Theatre, as well as our kitchen facilities
- $100 per hour ($150 for a one-hour only booking)
- $800 for 8 to 12 hours (Used consecutively)
- $1,300 for a wedding package (Renters have access to decorate and perform a rehearsal from 12:30PM to 4:30PM on the Friday before Saturday ceremonies and receptions. Package includes access from 10:00AM to 2:00AM on day of wedding. For access outside of these times there is an hourly rate of 75$/hr.)
- $2,200 for a weekend package (Friday at 4:00 pm to Sunday at 3:00 pm)
- 50% deposit required to confirm booking
- 3 hour minimum rental time outside of business hours and weekends
- For bookings taking place on statutory holidays, additional labour fees apply
- Full (final) payment is due 30 days before the event
- Cancellations made prior to one (1) month before the event are subject to a full refund less $50. Deposits will not be refunded for cancellations made less than one (1) month before the event.
Technical Equipment and Additional Services
- LCD Projector
- Cordless Microphone
- Flip Chart/Dry Erase Easel
- Music - other than live music ($30)
- Music and dancing ($60)
- Coffee urns - Two 12-42 cup percolators
- Large fridge with movable shelves
- Double oven
- Event staff person on site
- Basic table and chair setup provided
- Coat Room
Viewing the Facility
If you are interested in viewing Wascana Place and the Lady Slipper Courtyard in advance of booking your event, please contact us to make an appointment. Due to the nature of our business, drop-ins cannot be guaranteed. An appointment will ensure a knowledgeable staff member is on hand to answer any of your questions and/or provide guidance; as well as avoid interruptions to private events taking place.
Please call 306-522-3661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
Prefer to call? You can reach us at (306) 522-3661.