Come and join one of our local experts on a guided walking tour around Wascana Centre. Tours range from 30 – 90 minutes and cover a variety of subject matters such as the history of the park, the history of Saskatchewan, and the local ecology of the park. To ensure the safety of our staff and patrons, the following precautions will be in effect:
- A maximum of 5 people will be allowed to book a walking tour.
- All people must be from the same booking.
- Staff will wear masks while on the tour.
- Staff will always be two metres away from group.
- The walking tour takes 30-90 minutes.
- The tour is free of charge.
- Only pre-booked tours will be available at this time.
- Available Wednesday through Sunday
- All bookings can be made via email email@example.com or by calling 306-520-8832
Walk 1- Founders of saskatchewan
This tour centres around the seat of government in our provincial capital. Starting in front of the Legislative Building and ending at Speaker's Corner, this tour focuses on the structure of our provincial government, key figures that helped shape Saskatchewan, and the relationship between Canada and the United Kingdom. This tour is approximately 30 minutes in duration and is a great way to spend your lunch break!
Walk 2 - historical wascana Tour
This tour begins and ends at the Legislative Building. In this tour our local experts will tell you all about the history of Wascana Lake; from stockwater to today, as well as some history of Regina and Saskatchewan. The walk is approximately 30 minutes in length. Best for tourists to the Regina.
walk 3 - nature tour of habitat conservation area
This tour will be in the Habitat Conservation Area, a 23-acre site within Wascana Centre that has been set aside specifically for wildlife. Our hosts will tell you about Western Painted Turtles, phragmites, beavers, salt-loving plants and animals, birds and more. This walk takes approximately 30 minutes and is great for nature lovers. Adult or kid friendly tour available.